[Traditional]

RafiQ-bob

• Now, hear me out: Every EDH deck needs at least some removal. Every. Each and every one of them. Yes, even that one. RafiQ is no exception, but it can get on by a whole lot less of it than some other decks - We do not need to kill their beaters, we outrace them. We only need to kill creatures that screw us over hard, like Daggsson, and creatures that just suddenly win the game, like Niv and Azami. In the spoiler below are my choices.
  • [cards]Path to Exile" target="blank">
  • Swords to Plowshares
  • Bant Charm
  • Treva's Charm
  • Desert Twister
  • And that should be enough. They are all either really cheap or really versatile, of course. Cheap means we can keep on dropping threats while we cast them, and versatile means that they deal with just about anything we need them to deal with. Simple.

Tempo, or "I just won."
    Tempo, as I already stated, is horribly important for this deck. There are a lot of cards that give us a crapton of tempo, and we want to include them. In the spoiler below there is a list of some of the best of the best.
    And I see no reason not to include all of them. They are all rather good on their own, and even better when I already have a presence on board. (Which should be often.)

Now, we've dealt with creatures and supplemental sorceries, what is left to go? Well, enchantments and toys artifacts, of course! Find out more after the break!

== Break ==
    Equipment:
    Any self-respecting warrior wants a weapon to swing with, and lucky for us, there are a lot of good choices available. We are running out of space, though, so we can't run very many of these. Even more of a reason to make sure that the ones are of the best quality, though!
    Okay, sure. Only three of them are weapons, but I am fairly sure that RafiQ can kill someone with a cloak if he wants to, and no superman leaves his home without a cloak, mask, and fancy boots, so it's all fine. It'd damn better be.

Acceleration:
    You want to cast your spells early, don't you? Well, I thought so. Therefore we need some artifact mana to help ourselves with it.
    Yeah. Only four, the rest of them are quite expensive, and we don't have much reason to accel into something expensive in here, so we just run the cheapest ones.

Enchantments?:
    RafiQ + Enchantments aren't that awesome together. Most enchantments have global effects that affect just about everything, but RafiQ wants to affect just one guy at a time, but make that effect big. There are some enchantments worth running, though. See the spoiler.
    Yeah, two. Rancor returns back and back and back, and finest hour can just suddenly win the game. Pretty awesome, both of them. We don't want to run more auras in fear of card disadvantage, though.

Of course, the most important piece of any deck isn't there yet, and we don't have too many slots left. 38 to be precise. That's 38 lands for us right there.

== Break ==
    Utility:
    Allright, every EDH deck wants some utility lands in it. Something to help you work, while still providing mana. Rafiq is no exception.
    You might notice that all our utility lands are either threats on their own, nullify our opponents' tempo or protect our creatures. Good job if you did. If you didn't, I told it to you right here. We don't run more of these because our general costs 3 different colours of mana and we want to cast him as early as possible, so we need a lot of multicolour lands. These will take out most of our manabase.
    Colours:
    As I said, a lot of these.
    Yeah. A lot of handy stuff in there.

So, I suppose you all want to see how this looks when put together, don't you? Well, I'd like to say that you'd see after the break, but our advertising space doesn't sell as well as it should, so we'll have no break this time.

Just joking.

== Break ==
    Final Draft:

EDH - RafiQ BoBMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
    == Creatures [28] ==
    General (1):
    1x RafiQ of the Many

1x Chameleon Colossus
    1x Kodama of the North Tree
    1x Blastoderm
    1x Battlegrace Angel
    1x Calciderm
    1x Jenara, Asura of War

1x Plaxmanta
    1x Mystic Snake
    1x Venser, Shaper Savant
    1x Qasali Pridemage
    1x Mother of Runes
    1x Genesis
    1x Glory
    1x Glen Elendra Archmage
    1x Acidic Slime
    1x Eternal Witness
    1x Saffi Eriksdotter

1x Looter il-Kor
    1x Riptide Pilferer
    1x Vedalken Heretic
    1x Augury Adept
    1x Cephalid Constable
    1x Cold-Eyed Selkie
    1x Ohran Viper
    1x Soltari Visionary
    1x Trygon Predator
    1x Ninja of the Deep Hours

== Instants & Sorceries [22] ==
    Countermagic (8):
    1x Force of Will
    1x Misdirection
    1x Commandeer
    1x Foil
    1x Mana Drain
    1x Counterspell
    1x Disrupting Shoal
    1x Cryptic Command

1x Time Warp
    1x Into the Roil
    1x Primal Command
    1x Plow Under
    1x Remand
    1x Armageddon
    1x Ravages of War
    1x Temporal Manipulation
    1x Capture of Jingzhou

1x Path to Exile
    1x Swords to Plowshares
    1x Bant Charm
    1x Treva's Charm
    1x Desert Twister

== Artifacts & Enchantments ==
    Equipment (6):
    1x Umezawa's Jitte
    1x Sword of Fire and Ice
    1x Sword of Light and Shadow
    1x Lightning Greaves
    1x Mask of Memory
    1x Whispersilk Cloak

1x Chrome Mox
    1x Mox Diamond
    1x Sol Ring
    1x Mana Crypt

1x Rancor
    1x Finest Hour

== Lands [38] ==
    Utility (9):
    1x Wasteland
    1x Strip Mine
    1x Nantuko Monastery
    1x Treetop Village
    1x Yavimaya Hollow
    1x Dust Bowl
    1x Rishadan Port
    1x Eiganjo Castle
    1x Hall of the Bandit Lord

1x Breeding Pool
    1x Misty Rainforest
    1x Tropical Island
    1x Flooded Strand
    1x Hallowed Fountain
    1x Tundra
    1x Savannah
    1x Windswept Heath
    1x Temple Garden
    1x Wooded Bastion
    1x Mystic Gate
    1x Flooded Grove
    1x Glacial Fortress
    1x Nimbus Maze
    1x Sunpetal Grove
    1x Reflecting Pool
    1x City of Brass
    1x Tendo Ice Bridge
    1x Adarkar Wastes
    1x Brushland
    1x Yavimaya Coast
    1x Flagstones of Trokair
    1x Island
    1x Forest
    1x Plains
    1x Snow-covered Island
    1x Snow-covered Forest
    1x Snow-Covered Plains
    1x Horizon Canopy

None yet, feel free to suggest something.
    1. Get drunk.
    2. Write card explanations on each card.
    3. Get drunk.
    4. Add more finishing touches, like pretty colours.
    5. Get drunk.
    6. Write a section detailing cards that I couldn't fit in.
    7. Get drunk.

Finishing Notes:
    Yes, this thing is going to be a primer, but it is not one yet. I will not request it getting stickied yet, and don't you dare to do it either. (Also, DC should unsticky all primers and just make one thread that links to all of them, or else our whole page 1 is stickied soon.)

I didn't include some cards that are quite good, most notably Might of Oaks (1-shot with RafiQ) simply because I had no space. I will have a section detailing these later on.